To improve the health and quality of life of individuals in the Kitchener-Waterloo region and beyond by bringing them latest in evidence-based nutrition and providing realistic and sustainable custom nutrition solutions.
There is a shortage of qualified nutrition professionals in the Kitchener-Waterloo region and surrounding rural areas to address the multitude of health issues and nutritional concerns facing people today. We seek to close that gap through providing education, inspiration and motivation.
What's Behind the Name?
Let us start by saying that we are not architects or engineers, neither are we skilled contractors or celebrity home renovation experts! However, from our small and humble understanding of blueprints, we see them as an ideal tool in which to describe our view of and approach to nutrition.
- A blueprint is essential to build a strong house.
- So too, we believe that knowledge of healthy eating and nutrition is foundational to achieve your goals for lifelong health and wellness.
- Blueprints are tailored to fit your own personal needs and wants.
- For example, someone who requires use of a wheelchair may request lower than average countertop height in his/her home. So too with nutrition, a plan for a 70-year old male with colon cancer will look different than one for a 20-year old female with celiac disease. Different conditions = different plan. It's not a "one-size-fits-all" approach.
- Blueprints are well-planned and well-researched.
- Architects use the latest research, technology and tools to design a home. At Blueprint Nutrition all of our recommendations are gleaned from research, not passing diet trends. We also like our high tech gadgets and gizmos!
- You wouldn't hire your dry cleaner to design your home. So why would you trust anyone other than a registered dietitian for your nutrition advice and counsel?
- RDs have the educational background, training and accountability to ensure that you will receive the best advice. Read more about RDs here.