Nut-free Energy Bites for Spring Sports
I know energy bites have had their day and there are recipes a-plenty all over social media, but with good reason. They are just so darn easy to make (this recipe takes 5 minutes to throw together!) and they’re a great snack to grab in a rush, plus, they’re super tasty! WIN, WIN, WIN!
I usually have a batch of energy bites going at all times because it’s a quick and easy snack for the kiddos, and a great pre or post-workout snack for us adults.
This is my basic energy bite recipe that I’ve made for years. It’s tried and true and kid-approved. This version is made with sunflower seed butter – which tastes great (I actually like it better than peanut butter), and makes it nut-free and school safe. However, you can sub in peanut butter if you prefer.
The oats provide healthy, long-lasting carbs, and the seed butter and hemp hearts boost up the protein and healthy fats, providing great fuel to power you (and your kids!) through all your spring sports!
If you’re looking for something quick and tasty to make for your kids soccer or baseball team this spring, look no further and whip up a batch of these ASAP!
Nut-free Energizing Energy Bite
Yields approximately 20 balls.
- 1 cup large flake rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup sunflower seed butter (or you can use peanut butter, or other nut/seed butter of your liking)
- ½ cup hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix all ingredients together until thoroughly mixed (may take a bit of arm strength!). Roll into balls (using about 1 Tbsp of mixture). Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes, and enjoy!
- Keep refrigerated (or can be frozen as well). Makes about 20 energy bites.
Take it one bite at a time,
Book an Appointment
Nutrition advice you can TRUST! We will help you build a blueprint for your BEST health … one bite at a time!
FREE weekly meal planning template
Grab a copy of the tool that keeps our families eating well all week long.
Subscribe to our informative monthly newsletter and receive our FREE weekly meal planning template.
No lifetime commitment needed here folks. You can unsubscribe anytime!