Chia pudding has been popular for a few years now, and it’s no wonder why people love it. It’s delicious and so easy to prepare with just about any type of milk or plant-based milk alternate that you enjoy.
- 2 cups large flake rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil (or any neutral tasting oil)
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup mixed nuts and seeds of your choice (I like a mixture of almonds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds)
- 1/2 cup dried fruit of your choice (dried cherries are really good!)
Preheat oven to 300 F. Prepare cookie sheet by spraying with oil or lining with parchment paper or foil.
Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and nuts/seeds of choice in a medium-sized bowl.
In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, avocado oil and maple syrup.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together (use some muscle power and make sure it’s really mixed well).
Spread evenly on cookie sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes. Toss halfway through baking time.
Once cooled, add the dried fruit of your choice and enjoy!