The Robinson Family Festive Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad, complete with a delicious white wine vinaigrette dressing.
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1 broccoli head
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, mined
- 2 Tbsp white or cane sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger root, minced
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- Wash and trim broccoli and cauliflower. Cut each into small bite-sized pieces and place into a large heat-proof bowl.
- Wash and cut the red and green pepper into small pieces, almost mincing. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, stir together all of the dressing ingredients (white wine, white wine vinegar, water, olive oil, garlic, sugar, ginger root, salt and pepper). Bring to a boil, stirring, and boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and pour over the cauliflower and broccoli; toss to coat well. Stir often until cooled to room temperature. Then add in the peppers and parsley.
- Cover and refrigerate at least for a few hours or overnight, tossing often.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with a slotted spoon.
This salad can be made the day prior to serving – dressing on and everything, which helps to simplify your last minute holiday table food preparations.
Keywords: broccoli, cauliflower, salad