This hearty, tasty vegan soup provides fibre, plant-based protein, and lots of flavour to help nourish and sustain you and your family.
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 4 medium beets, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup potatoes, diced
- ½ cup pearl barley
- 1 can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh dill
- Add all ingredients (except dill) to soup pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Let simmer until veggies are soft (about 30 minutes).
- Add dill and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Enjoy with a slice of fresh whole grain bread!