These nutrient-dense spinach, banana & chia muffins are a tasty snack for the whole family!
- 2 cups rolled oats (regular or gluten-free)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- ½ cup milk (or dairy-free milk alternative)
- 5 cups spinach
- ¼ cup avocado oil (or other neutral tasting oil)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips (or dairy-free chips)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line muffin tins with liners (I use 1 x 12 cup muffin tin and 1 x 6 cup muffin tin).
- Place rolled oats, chia seeds, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in blender and pulse until blended.
- Transfer dry ingredients to a medium sized bowl.
- Place maple syrup, milk, spinach, oil, bananas, eggs, and vanilla in blender and blend until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to bowl with dry ingredients and mix.
- Let sit for about 5-10 minutes until mixture has thickened slightly.
- Fold in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
This recipe was adapted from Green Monster Blender Muffins by Sarah Remmer, RD at www.sarahremmer.com and shared with permission.