Fibre-filled vegan banana raspberry muffins to help you fuel your workout or enjoy with a cup of coffee for a morning or afternoon snack!
- 1 flax egg (whisk together 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed with 2.5 Tbsp water and let sit for a few minutes until thickened)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup white sugar or cane sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or other neutral tasting oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup large flake rolled oats
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- In a small food prep bowl, prepare the flax egg and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a potato masher or fork.
- To the mashed bananas, add the sugar, almond milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir in the flax eggs.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together the remaining dry ingredients, including the oats, ground flaxseed, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and stir until just barely mixed.
- Add the frozen raspberries, stirring gently until combined.
- Divide batter into lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 F for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle of muffin comes out clean.
*Replace the flax egg with 1 whole egg if you like
Keywords: banana, raspberry, flaxseed